Wednesday, January 6, 2010

More wait list calls could be coming soon

Good news yesterday for @JenTOR, wait lister #2416, who got a call from Rose Tours.

She was offered a choice of SIX cabin types: 4A, 4D, 4G, 6A, 6C, and 6D. No 6Es or suites of course. From the conversation, she found out that some of these cabin types had multiple rooms available.

Rose Tours gave her two days to confirm if she wanted a cabin or not. That would explain why going through the wait list is such a slow process. Unfortunately, Jen had to turn the offer down, but #2417 @JonsTubeGirl (Tina) is probably very happy she did.

Tina says she and her roommate were offered a choice of inside or outside cabin. When they said outside, they were offered 6A, 6B, or 6D. They have till Friday morning to decide, and at that time each roommate would owe $700.

Update: Thank you anonymous commenter! She was #2430 and she got the call today! There may be three people in her room (one of two 3-person rooms available).

My guess, based on no actual facts, just me guessing, is that there were a lot of cancellations at the end of December. On January 2, the cancellation penalty went from 25% of the cabin price to 50%. When my roomie had to cancel in mid-December, we definitely wanted to get everything sorted out before the end of the year, since waiting would have meant another $400 charge for her.

If you have a wait list number below 2450, keep your phone close by!


On another note, I went through the "Looking to Cruise" post and deleted a bunch of comments from people I know are either now on the boat or are no longer looking for rooms. If you posted there and fit into one of those categories, please delete your comment. There have been at least 4 or 5 cruisers who have found roomies there, and I want to keep it up-to-date. Good luck to all!

5 comments:

  1. My number was #2430 and I got the call today!!! If all is a go w/ my 2 friends I am going!! I was a 2 person cabin but my roomate couldn't go, so I might do the 3 person cabin if these girls can go. According to Rose Tours there are only 2 3 person cabins left. Cross your fingers for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone needs a roomie please let me know! @spants5

    ReplyDelete
  3. From earlier my number was #2430 and me and my 2 friends are on!!! We are beyond excited!! Got to upgrade to a 3 person room. I was originally a 2 person but my roomate is having a baby in April. So.... we are staying in 6B?? Is that a good area? We are @joemacfan4life @smitten4donniew and jordans_cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  4. WHAT IS THE LATEST NEWS FOR US WAIT LISTERS!! ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO!! I'M DYING HERE!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I GOT THE CALL FROM ROSE TOURS TODAY. Too Bad I Already Had a Room. I Am Waitlist #2470!! So The Calls Are Coming!!! :) :)
    @nkotbworshiper on twitter

    ReplyDelete