Thursday, March 25, 2010

Final payment due one week from today

I have a feeling these blogs are going to become more and more random as we get closer to cruise time. Here's the news of the week!

Payment: Final payment is due one week from today. If you did not make other arrangements, this will be automatically charged to the card on file. Remember to factor in the $249 in port fees to whatever price is listed for your room category on nkotbcruise.com.

Waitlist: Yesterday #2517 got a call and declined, so that puts us to at least #2518. That's almost 40 up from a week ago, so at this rate we could be at close to #2600 by the time final payment is due.

Cancellations: As predicted, there have been a bunch of vacancies floating around on ning and Twitter. I've been seeing maybe 3-5 per day, and I'm sure there are more out there. Who on the Cruise Spots Wanted list is still looking? If you're on there and no longer looking, please delete your post (or ask me to if you can't figure out how). Or add a new post so I know who to make top priority and recommend to people looking to fill spaces. Some people getting calls from the wait list are told to find a roommate within a day, so make it easy for them to find you!

Themes: After some excitement last week when Rose Tours told a few people we'd be receiving an email "in the next few days," it seems that won't be the case. Yesterday I spoke to Jeannie and she seemed to have no idea why I would have heard that and said she didn't know what the themes were. And today, Jared posted on ning that it would be another few weeks before we learn anything. (I enjoyed the follow up comment that this was not soley for the effect of making us batty.)

Seating: Also yesterday while I was talking to Jeannie, I tried to get some info on how they were doing seating. (May as well, right? This is the only time I have spoken to Rose Tours since we booked.) I asked her if they were still doing seating based on the time we booked, and she said yes. Then I asked if it was going to be assigned more specifically, and she gave me a lot of "um's" and "ah's," so make of that what you will. I think it's at least safe to assume that assigned seating is not a definite.


In other news, the BSB cruise sold out and they've started their own cruise blog. Some people have been sending me the link. I think it's great. Of course they should have their own blog. Hopefully they can learn a lot from our experiences. (Don't you wish they had gone first and we'd had all of them to ask questions of our first time around?)

I think that's it. What did I miss? What news or rumors have you heard this week?

4 comments:

  1. Hi Katie,

    How do I delete my post in the cruise wanted section? I got on the boat today so I'm no longer looking. Woo!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laura, I took care of it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Looking forward to my first cruise!

    ReplyDelete