- Bathing suits
- Beach/day wear
- Flip flops/sandals
- Sunglasses, beach bags, other accessories
- Sail away party outfit (although many wore swimsuits to that)
- Outfit for Danny's party - there's a chance it will sell out and we don't know details yet.
- General evening dress - I'm betting on one generic "dress to impress" night, and even if it doesn't happen, you can probably wear such a dress elsewhere.
- Something to wear for the photo op - Last year I bought a really cute dress before finding out our photo session was at 10 a.m. I felt pretty silly wearing it at that time of day but I did anyway. You don't get the schedule with enough notice to do much.
Don't Do It!
- More than one evening dress - There were a lot of disgruntled cruisers who bought 3-4 hot dresses last year before themes were announced and were stuck buying more to fit the themes.
- Anything with a theme in mind - I've come close to buying another white dress now because it was so hard to find white in April, but I figure as soon as I do, they'll decide to do pink night instead.
Most everyone will tell you that they overpacked for 2009. I only brought a carry on, and I STILL had more than I needed. In general, you'll need swimsuits, a cover-up, a couple tank tops and shorts, and your theme outfits.
(p.s. I've been having a good time on the J Crew Summer clearance site. Their $50 swimsuit tops are down to $19.99. Bad news: sale items can't be exchanged or returned.)
If you're confirmed on the cruise, please send a follow request to @NKOTBCruise. (Disclaimer: this is an unofficial, fan-run account.)